(Level II Certificate)
Prerequisite: #201 Management Core Course (unless student tests out) and WISE approved responsible hospitality certification.
This course covers the core responsibilities expected of successful events managers. The class covers time and staff management, budget development and implementation, event planning, food and wine pairing, menu planning and wine service standards and training. Students will also learn how develop event timelines, work with caterers and chefs and effectively communicate to both. Event specific direct to consumer best practices, key success metrics and ongoing tracking are key areas of emphasis. Successful completion of this course will result in earning a WISE Events Management Certificate, Level II.
Best suited for:
- Current winery Events Managers who want to increase their effectiveness
- Other winery consumer direct mangers who will benefit by a better understand of Events best practices
- Those who need multiple Level II WISE Certificates to earn their Level III WISE DTC Leadership Certificate
Also appropriate for:
- Caterers focused on wine country events
- Those with winery tasting room and/or events work experience as they prepare to advance into Events Management