(Prerequisite for Level II Certificates)
This three-day comprehensive course is designed to raise the bar for wine industry leaders by sharpening communication and people management skills while building financial acumen.
People management includes exercises, discussion, and role plays on the follow topics:
- Communication for leaders
- Hiring and interviewing techniques
- Performance management skills
- Team and meeting skills
Finance and accounting topics are applied in individual and group exercises culminating in a hands-on case study so that students learn to:
- Speak the language of business
- Build a business by the numbers
- Appreciate the three bottom lines
- Compute and review key ratios in a winery
- Understand the drivers of a successful winery and connect them to actions
Students leave this course with the skills required to manage the people and the numbers that drive a successful winery.
Best suited for:
WISE #201 is a prerequisite for all Level II Management Certifications. This course is suitable for anyone who manages people in the wine industry including those managing teams focused on consumer direct sales, experienced managers in need of a quick refresher; and new managers seeking to apply best practices.